Old Hall, Runcorn

 

This Grade II listed former farmhouse was built in 1607.  The glazing previously consisted of a mixture of disintegrating leaded lights to the transoms and inappropriate float glass to the lower openings.


We made 35 new leaded-lights using restoration grade glass to match the originals and re-glazed all of the float glass in the lower panels with restoration grade glass, straight into the stone mullions.


The leaded lights and restoration glass were pointed to the stone mullions using a natural hydraulic lime and crushed stone mortar to blend in with the mullions.


The windows featured very simplistic home-made metal openers which were removed, restored & re-fitted with several new replicas formed to replace previous poor repairs.